December 28, 2011

Going out with the dog - grey day

15cm x 15cm  Oil on canvas board



I find it very interesting and challenging to paint the same scene in different seasons.
And even more interesting to paint the same spot in the same time of year but at a different time of day or when weather conditions are different.

This artwork was done from a study I did about three years ago.
I remember well the day I painted the study. It was very cold and windy and I wanted to try out my self-made thumb box in this weather
so I really painted very fast with my box in one hand and my brush in the other.
I was excited when a man with his dog passed me by. I quickly sketched their silhouettes and went home to have a hot cup of coffee.

Another one for "Michael´s painting diary" - series.

$99.00
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...